Thursday, October 27, 2011

The Paranormal Activity Franchise is Messing with Me


Okay, so we saw the first one and it was okay. I liked it and when we rented it, it actually scared Sam. (Sam, a kid whose favorite movie is “Night of the Demons.”) I have now reached the conclusion, though, that the Paranormal Activity franchise is messing with me on purpose.

When Pete and I saw the second one last fall we did NOT know that it was about the haunting of a baby. Had we known that, we would not have gone. This was just two months after losing Toby and I am not alone in saying that the baby they got to star in the movie looked freakishly like Toby himself. I tried to convince Pete to leave the theater with me because we were both upset but since we had paid the money and were there we stayed.

Now, the third installment is out. And guess what? The demon finally has a name. Anyone want to guess what it is? It’s “Toby”, of course. That’s not even that popular of a name. So I now must face the fact that someone out there is trying to send me a message.

Couple that with the fact that I have been having horrendous dreams lately. There’s lots of blood and violence and graphic stuff and they’re very realistic. We have a big change affecting us, starting next week, and it might be a psychological factor for the dreams but I don’t know. I’m getting to the point where I’m afraid to go to sleep in this house. That’s a different topic, though.

1 comment:

Katie Grant said...

Wow..that is beyond strange and scary. I would take the message that there is a lot of connections we often to get to fully understand in this life. I have not seen the second movie, I was disappointed in the first. After knowing what it is about, I will skip it though. I hope you are able to get some good sleep soon.