Monday, September 2, 2013

Amazon Review

And now it's time to toot my own horn.

Okay, granted this is a fellow infant loss grandmother and I am happy to call her a friend, but I still wanted to share this because, well, it's nice and I like nice things. This is a review of my book, Coping with Grief: the anti-guide to infant loss.

"All things covered! By Mimiforbrie on August 31, 2013
Amazon Verified Purchase
Rebecca has covered every single part of what it is like to lose a precious baby to SIDS. I lost my grandson at age 10-1/2 months to SIDS on October 31, 2010. Hard to believe it's been almost 3 years since I have seen his beautiful smile, watched him play or heard him crack up laughing when I would smell his feet and tell him how bad they stink. (they really did stink) :-) There is no greater loss than that of a beautiful, healthy, happy baby, no emptiness that can compare, no grief that could possibly hurt for so long than the loss of a precious little one. Life will never be the same again. Rebecca touched on everything that so many parents and grandparents feel, but are afraid to say or talk about. The roller coaster of emotion and the changes that your relationships with others can take is discussed in great detail. Hey maybe I'm not crazy after all. I feel like this book should be handed out to families by hospitals, first responders and should be made available to support groups to give to bereaved parents and their family members where the loss of a child is SIDS or suspected SIDS. There are other publications out there on SIDS offering support, but this one is unique!! This book would be beneficial not only to parents, but to anyone who isn't sure how to help provide support to grieving parents....or just don't know what to say or what not to say to them. Thank you for writing this book!! I enjoyed reading it very much and I know that others will also"
 
You can find the review and the book on Amazon HERE

No comments: