Friday, April 20, 2012

Coincidences?


I’ve noticed that dates amongst me and my fellow SIDS parents are starting to form some sort of strange pattern that I really can’t ignore. I don’t know what any of it means, but check this out…

-          Steven (http://colinstuart.blogspot.com/), a fellow blogger, lost his son Colin on my birthday.

-          Abby (http://missingmaxie.blogspot.com/) & Katie are both due on Iris’ birthday.

-          Abby lost her son, Max, on July 21st. I lost Toby on August 21st


-          Becky and I had our “rainbow”  (for lack of better word) babies within a few days apart.



Now, for today’s coincidence…

Angie, a local woman, lost her son Ty about a year before I lost Toby. Today is her benefit for the Ty Lucas Foundation here in Richmond.

It is also the National Spring for SIDS Day

It is also the day that her rainbow baby will be the same age as Ty was the day they lost him...7 months and 4 days

It is also the anniversary night (20th) of the day we lost Toby. Plus, Toby died sometime during the night of the 20th but wasn’t pronounced dead until Saturday the 21st. Today is Friday the 20th. Tomorrow is Saturday the 21st, so even the days of the week line up correctly.

Of all the days in the year I find it strange that the SIDS parents I have become close to have dates that are so close together. 

PS- Thank you for all the wonderful comments on my previous blog entry. I can't believe I got such nice things from total strangers. It means a lot to me. 

1 comment:

Abby Leviss said...

I hope we all have only positive coincidences from now on! Love you!